Tuesday, December 11, 2012

"By appointment, or by fate"

I had a pretty great day today, despite the nagging cold I've been suffering through off-and-on for about a month now. Being a nanny will do that to you, I guess. The day started out kind of "meh" - not being able to breathe through one's nose can make it rather difficult to put on a happy face and be cheerful around the kiddos. I got to leave work an hour early, and with my extra time I decided to go check out The Herbal Path, a local natural pharmacy.

I stopped at Trader Joe's on my way from work, intending only to get honey, but ended up walking out with a bagful (surprise, surprise)...including stuff to make chia pudding! Aaaaaand, pomegranate seeds. Mmmm.

At The Herbal Path, I got several supplements that will hopefully help get rid of my ick, aaaand I made a friend! Jess, the girl working at the shop, was so super helpful and nice. She made us some tea, and we ended up chatting for over an hour! We exchanged numbers and made plans to try out a local yoga studio together.

I came home, made some tea, and got to work making Sweet Potato, Corn and Kale Chowder. The recipe is from this book, which I just over the weekend. The chowder turned out deeeeeelicious!


 
Now, my chia pudding is chilling in the fridge, I'm drinking some tea, and counting down the minutes until Matt gets off of work (and then an hour from then until he gets home; grrrr).
 
The bottom of Jess's business card reads "by appointment, or by fate". How fitting. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...