Friday, June 1, 2007

A rose, is a rose, is a rose.....

But mine are miniature!

I went nutty after work today (again), and bought bunches more plants. I got 2 more miniature roses, because I love my yellow one so much. These were on clearance for only $2 and some change. <3

I dug some more in the place where my future-garden is going to be....

Digging/ripping up sod is such a slow, dreadful process, especially in the 90-degree weather we've been having. Really, I should be out there right now since its cooler, but I've already exhausted myself for the day. Anyway, as you can see, I've made a bit of progress. Its about 7 feet long right now, and maybe 2 1/2 feet wide. I'm going to make it about twice its current width by the time I'm done. Hopefully I can get that all finished by Sunday or Monday, so on Tuesday (my day off) I can start planting and make it look like an actual garden!
In the meantime, I've got lots of little side-projects. My favorites would have to be my brand new moss hanging basket, filled with Impatiens and Tiny 'Tunias...


mossy

And all of my new little potted plants:

Impatiens on the left, Pineapple Sage (yum!) on the right

Geraniums, Impatiens, and some fuzzy little flowers that an old lady told me are called "Pocketbooks".... ???



Here's my favorite kitty, Trinket, in the yard...



He's old and loves to roll around in the grass. What a sweetie! I got some really great b&w pictures of him, but I'm going to save them for later. ;)

Trinket helped me plant these dahlias in this huge pot we have in the backyard, that I completely forgot about. My mom asked me to plant something in there. This pot is enormous....it must be about 30 gallons. Its been there since we moved here, and I can't remember the last time it had anything planted in it. So I planted my 2 Dahlias and some cute little Alysum plants around the edge.

Ok, the kitten is driving me insane by trying to climb up my bare legs, and the dog is whining at me.... I'm going to go take care of the pets, and I shall return to share some more pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...