Monday, June 14, 2010

A new addition

Well, in an unexpected last-minute sort of thing, our family has yet another new addition.
Meet Chase (the one on the right).
Its a long story, but in a nutshell: the poor little guy has been neglected his entire life (only 3 years), and basically never even learned to be a dog. He had 2 kinds of mange, was flea-infested, horribly long curly toenails, and atrophied hind legs. The vet said his hind leg muscles never developed because his owner had him tied up ALL THE TIME - both outside AND inside. How horrible is that?

But anyway, that is all in his past, and we're doing everything we can to make him forget about his old life. I was a little nervous about introducing him to our 3 other dogs, but thank goodness everything is going really well! My 3 (Chase included) all slept in my tiny, twin-sized bed with me last night. Chase even slept on my head for part of the night. And when I woke up this morning, he was curled up in a little ball on the blue body pillow with his face right next to mine haha.


And, another bit of awesomeness for today - I picked these cherries in my yard today!
I discovered our cherry tree 2 years ago... it was "accidentally" planted by birds, and we never realized it was a cherry tree! I don't know if it just didn't have fruit until 2 years ago, or if we just never noticed because its sort of toward the rear of our yard... oh well. Anyway, last year I wasn't living at home and I guess nobody thought about the tree so we didn't harvest any. But I was walking Chase around the yard this morning and I saw that they were ready, so I went out and picked as many as I could from the ground and from standing on a little plastic chair haha. Maybe tomorrow I'll ask dad to get a ladder out for me so I can reach the higher branches. There are TONS of cherries still on the tree! And these are the best kind - nice and tart. I think they taste like Sweet Tarts! Mmmmm.

1 comment:

  1. cherries... YUM!! i wonder if you could shake them out of the tree... we used to do that at gary's grandmother's house. but her tree grew pecans, not cherries. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...