Saturday, July 24, 2010

Ooey, gooey [zucchini] cupcakes


I took my own Friday Challenge and made some things yesterday!

First, I made these amazing, delicious, moist (hence the 'ooey gooey') zucchini cupcakes. That's right, zucchini. They.are.so.good. I used a basic recipe for zucchini bread, but I modified it so it would be more like a dessert. For one, I added cocoa powder. Mmmmm-mmmm! And the icing is caramel icing. Its perfect with the spiced cupcakes! I could eat about 30 of these, I think.

Then, I set about making these:

Pinwheel headbands! The idea came to me a few days ago (in the shower, of all places), and I just had to make one. I love how they turned out!



(Don't mind my messy hair - I spent the day at a lake-beach yesterday)

I want to make some more today.... I have a whole bunch of amazing old buttons for the centers! I just need to get some different fabric scraps. Maybe while we're out yardsaling today....

Have you taken the Friday Challenge yet?

Don't forget, the challenge ends tonight at midnight (12:00 a.m EST)! Show me what you've made and you could win the giveaway!

2 comments:

  1. ooh i love them! such a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pinwheel headbands are super cute! such a great idea. As are zucchini cupcakes! Yum!! I make zucchini muffins all the time, I'll have to try some cupcakes though.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...