Sunday, February 6, 2011

52 Weeks - WEEK 5

Week 5 - Birthday cake!!
Weeks 1, 2 , 3, 4

Well, its a few days late, but here is this week's contribution to the 52 Weeks project!
Thursday was my birthday, but I had class until 9:15 p.m. so we didn't celebrate until Friday night. I spent all day doing work on campus Friday, so I didn't get to post then.... Saturday was spent in Harrisburg at a meeting-of-the-minds with some important folks: the executive director of the Wallops Island Marine Science Consortium, our MSC - NASA liaison (NASA was supposed to be there but couldn't make the 5-hour drive because of the icky weather), the manager of the Chincoteague Natl Wildlife Refuge, and faculty from several other PA state schools who are doing research for NASA....and me :)
I just typed up a rambling couple of paragraphs all about the project, but I think I'm going to save it for another post...let's get back to the catching up!!

Anyway. So that's why I'm just now posting week 5! Haha.
What else? Umm... gee, it seemed like there was a bunch of stuff I needed to catch-up on here, and now I can't remember! I even checked my little notebook.... I've got nothing! Hmm. Scatterbrain.

Well, today is going to be spent doing some schoolwork... I feel so much more organized and focused now that I know exactly what I want to be researching, and have a timeline going. That's the way I like it to be! I really felt like I was floundering until yesterday... I'm used to having 6 classes PLUS research. That's pretty much how my undergrad years went! Now as a grad student, I'm down to 3 classes (which are only once a week, so I have wayyyy too much free time) and didn't have a clear picture of where I was going. This is so much better. :)

Along those lines, I know that a few of my readers do work in similar fields...archaeology, environmental science, biology.... I'd love to hear more about what you guys study! Have you done any research? Do you have any specific questions you'd like to research? I'm a huge nerd, so I think it would be fun to share a little bit about what we do!

What do you guys think? If you like the idea and want to nerd-out with me, leave a comment or shoot me an email [crack_the_sky17@yahoo.com] and maybe we can do a blog-party where we all do a post about our research interests or what we study on our blogs to share.....

1 comment:

  1. the 52 weeks project makes me want to get an instax camera, the flickr group is so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...